Friday, January 9, 2009

Prolouge

It's happened over and over; I think I'm just talking about life until I realize I'm the only one talking, and I've been talking for a long time. It usually happens when I am sitting at a dinner table, or in someone's living room, something trips a memory and like a old-timer in a nursing home I just start relating past experiences, and to my surprise people are rarely bored!

I've never thought of my life as especially interesting, but others seem to think otherwise. Another thing that mystifies me is I am not a master of story-telling. I've met them: they're way out of my league. Nor do I resort to frequent exaggerations as some people feel the need to do. I don't know how to summarize it, but I guess God has made me the way I am, and that way seems to captivate audiences.

This blog will be a mish-mash of things that don't fit elsewhere: my current doings if they are interesting enough to write about (I will not write just for the sake of writing, not here). A burning spiritual topic may suface as the need arises. Past stories as they come to mind, and maybe a sprinkling of news and politics here and there.

I take much more satisfaction in telling of life-experiences than writing them, but who's to say I'll always remember them. In fact it is disturbing how fast I'm forgetting some of them.

1 comment:

  1. ...and added to my blog list! I've found that people who say they don't have an interesting life can tell surprisingly interesting stories. :P

    ReplyDelete